I have discovered The Source for last year’s moron posts: Jerome Corsi. Although the first sources for each of the conspiracy theory bullshit stories seemed to come from somewhere else, Corsi filters all the nonsense down to one easy-to-swallow ball of crap.
- Abiotic petroleum, which would allow us to continue to burn all the oil we want, since it’s not a finite resource? Corsi.
- Merging the United States with Mexico and Canada, in some UN/EU-flavored paranoid delusion? Corsi.
- John Kerry, decorated war veteran, is a craven coward who hates the military? Corsi.
And, now, Corsi has a new book, reaching #1 on the NYTimes bestseller listing almost entirely due to right-wing groups buying thousands of copies to share with their conspiracy-loving hordes. What might this new book cover? How evil Barack Obama is. Corsi is able to list the following “facts” about Obama:
- Obama may be currently using drugs.
- Obama is a practicing Muslim.
- Obama attended a Muslim madrassa school in Indonesia.
- Dreams of My Father is not dedicated to Obama’s grandparents.
- Dreams of My Father ignores the existence of Obama’s half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng.
And then there are actual facts that seem to not require much time to ascertain:
- There’s no evidence whatsoever of current drug use.
- How does he find the time, after spending so much time at the Trinity United Church of Christ?
- The only overtly religious school young Barack attended in Indonesia was Catholic.
- It is to my family, though — my mother, my grandparents, my siblings, stretched across oceans and continents — that I owe the deepest gratitude and to whom I dedicated this book.
- Page 47.
The list is quite extensive beyond these low-hanging fruit. Why does anyone read this crap? A guy who believes George Bush wants to merge the country with Mexico is considered someone to listen to about anything factual? Seriously?
Update: In case you think Corsi is a good guy just because he tends to bash Democrats, check out this article: Corsi writes for WoldNutDaily and claims that McCain’s (wife’s) fortune can be traced back to mobsters. Nice guy, this Corsi.